Since I changed my Google Apps account I haven’t been able sync my Google Drive to my desktop as it asks me to login with the old account.
This is because I forgot to click the Disconnect Account button in my Google Drive preferences before deleting the account. Oops.
There doesn’t appear to be any way to tell it that I want to use a new account.
Today I finally decided to fix this problem and came across this on the Google Forum and the solution is to simply to delete the Google Drive preference files.
MacOS X Solution
- Exit the Google Drive application
- Open a Finder window
- Press Command + Shift + G
- In the panel asking for the directory location enter “~/Library/Application Support/Google” (without the quotes)
- Delete the Drive Folder (not any of the other folders!)
- Empty your trash can
- Open the Drive app and sign in with your new account
- Close Google Drive from the task bar – Bottom right near the clock.
- Press ‘Windows’ + ‘R’ – This will open the Run Command
- Type C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\
Local\Google – Replace ‘USERNAME’ with your computer username.
- Delete the ‘Drive’ Folder
- Start the Google Drive application and now sign into Google Drive with your new account
- If your local copy of your Google Drive folder is not empty (ie it contains the data from your old account), you’ll have to set it to sync to a new folder.
I can confirm that both solutions work and I can now synchronise my new Google Drive account on both my Mac and PC.